Posted by Desmond Skinner on 9/24/2011 to Candles
Millennium Candles will like to share some tips about taking caring for care your candles.
If you want to keep your candle shiny and luster just polish it gently with a pair of pantyhose or fine mesh stocking.
- Direct sunlight will cause bending and color fading to your candle. (Do not place candles in direct sunlight)
- For most candles, snip the wick to about 1/4 inch above the wax before each burning for clean and even burning. This will also keep the flame close enough to melt across the edge of the candle. Do not cut the wicks of tealights, floaters, and 3-wick candles. When burning 3-wick candles, point the wicks toward the center of the candle.
- Always place your candles on a flat and leveled surface, away from any draft.
- For your pillar candles, burn one hour for every inch in diameter. This will be enough time for the wax to liquefy to the edges of the candle. Be sure to “hug” gently around the pillar candles towards the wick once it is extinguished and warm. Mold the candle back to its original shape. This maintains a flat surface on top, not a deep well. If you do not burn the pillar for the appropriate time, it will burn down the middle and you will have excess wax on the sides. Do not “hug” square candles.
- Store candles in a cool, dry place. Below 77degree is fine and the basement is always a good place to store candles.
- Use a snuffer to extinguish your candles. Just hold the snuffer above the flame for a few seconds and out goes the flame. This prevents any wax from being splattered when blowing out the candle and helps keep the wick centered. If your wick is off center this will cause uneven burning and melting.
- If carbon builds on wick, extinguish the candle, trim the wick for clean and even burning, and then re-light.
- Always burn candles in its appropriate candle holders.
- Do not burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire! Blowing curtains, loose tablecloth, dry plants or towels.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended and in the reach of children or pets.
Please post a comment to let us know if you found this information helpful or if we left out any other important care and safety